Friday, October 5, 2007

Spreading my wings

It's been 3 weeks since i've step into my department. I'm on payroll!!! *grin*. Fitting in and getting acustom to system & areas of responsibilties was fun i should say (though tiring). Still learning to spread my wings, eager to fly to greater heights, but also taking only 1 step at a time.

HKL is so huge, all departments are so spread out...and there's no time to wait for the shuttle service..And usually the patient's bedside is our working area, meaning...we are always standing on our feet! Only in out patient, there's chance to sit. Hence at end of the day, i just feel like lifting my legs high up to return all the blood that accumulated in my feet.

The funny thing is...I got myself lost in HKL many times....but as i'm wearing my tag, i can assess to anywhere, so getting lost and venturing into other's territory is not a concern as long as i find my way in the end. Patients/visitors also pening kepala when they are trying to find their way, whenever they ask me...most of the time i'm as blur as they are...hope i'll learn the bearings there ASAP.

Lately i've felt like i am a walking air filter machine in KL. The air quality is really bad...and walking fr department to next department to see patient often require me to walk on roads. And i'm depending on public transport daily (KTM & LRT...sometimes taxi), so there's lots of walking by the road and filtering KL air. I sometimes joke that i might need a lung transplant very soon! A hospital should not be built in such congested & polluted place...pity the patients sometimes...especially those in non-airconditioned wards.

All in all, i'm real happy to be able to learn from great dietitians above me. Their pro-activeness, ethics, passion...unbelievable :) *cheers* to all of you!

No comments: